Skip to main content

How to Handle the Little Voice in You that Tries to Persuade You Not to Quit Smoking

 Quitting smoking is no easy task, and while it may seem like a challenge at first, it is entirely possible to break the habit and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. One hurdle to getting started is dealing with the little voice in your head that tries to convince you not to change your lifestyle. That voice pleads with you every time you think of making a change, telling you to just have one more cigarette or to try and quit tomorrow. But no matter how strong that voice is, it’s more possible than ever to ignore it and take the plunge.


woman uncertain about the voice in her head telling her not to quit smoiking cigarettes


The first step in handling the little voice in your head is to recognize it and acknowledge it. Despite that voice trying to talk you out of it, you have to know that quitting smoking is in your best interest. Keep reminding yourself that you are doing this for your own well-being and that there are real benefits to quitting.

The next step is to be proactive in making progress. This could mean anything from replacing the smoking habit with a healthier alternative to making a plan and setting goals. Writing down your goals on paper or on a computer and following them is a great way to stay on track. Watching yourself make progress is also a great way to keep yourself motivated.

It's no secret that smoking cigarettes is one of the most dangerous and costly habits out there. Smoking can damage your health in a multitude of ways, from increasing your risk of developing lung cancer to creating life-long physical and psychological damage. And yet, quitting smoking often feels overwhelming and impossible. This is because of the little voice inside all of us that tells us that smoking's not so bad, that we can do it every once in a while, or that we just can't quit. But in reality, even the slightest amount of smoking can have serious negative effects.

One way to handle this little voice is to change your thinking. For example, instead of focusing on the fact that stopping smoking will be difficult and require a lot of time and effort, focus on the rewards that come with quitting. For instance, you'll be able to breathe easier, exercise without feeling exhausted, have more energy, and have a greater sense of wellbeing overall. In addition, you'll see a huge saving in your wallet not having to buy cigarettes and related supplies.

When the little voice taunts you, find a way to counteract its attempts to sabotage your plans. Practices like meditation and deep breathing help to clear your mind and allow you to think more constructively. Or as another option, take some time to do something you enjoy, like listening to music, reading a book, or going out on a walk. Doing something you enjoy will make you feel more grounded and capable of ignoring the little voice in your head.


Finally, make sure you stay social after you quit. Keep your circle of family and friends informed about your progress and strive to find support networks such as quit-smoking classes and forums. Seeing that other people are joining you in your mission to stop smoking can bolster your self-confidence and make it easier to stick to your healthy decisions.


Stop Smoking for Only $8.99!

For You & Your Family. Live healthier. Save money. Stop worrying about your next cigarette. It's easy and it works.

Ready To Quit Smoking? Click Below to Buy on Amazon!

https://amzn.to/3LJH6ft


Or Click Below Now to Learn More!

www.ToStopSmoking.org

 

#tostopsmoking #quitsmoking #nonsmoker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stop Smoking Before Going on Vacation

  If you want to learn how to stop smoking before going on vacation, I think I can help! My name is Bill and I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago and I remember that going on vacation, which should generally be a very happy time, with anticipated fun, can be very different for smokers. Vacations are a period in most people's lives when families get together and do things, or when people go with friends, and everyone experiences different places and activities. Most people anticipate vacations in advance because of the opportunity to enjoy new life experiences and make new memories. However, for cigarette smokers who have not quit smoking, vacation planning begins with anxiety. Smokers plan their days around having the ability to smoke, usually involving familiar places where smoking is allowed throughout their day. Vacations involve being in new places and being involved in new experiences, and this means that when and where to smoke is now questionable during th...

How To Stop Smoking Before Buying a New Car

  If you want to learn how to stop smoking cigarettes in a new car, I think I can help. Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago.  I remember what it was like the first time we bought a brand-new car. It was in the late 80s, and we got a brand new Plymouth. It was the first new car we ever owned. At that point, my wife and I had two children, and we needed to have one new vehicle that could get us around safely and dependably.  I remember what it was like as a smoker, and I didn't want to smoke in the new car. You probably know that one of the best things about having a new car, other than the fact that you have a new car, is that every time you open the door for probably that first year or so, you open the door and you get that smell of the new car. It just feels great and makes you feel good inside. They even make air fresheners that have a new car smell. No one wants to open the car door in the morning - and we've all done this as smoker...

How to Stop Smoking Before Starting a New Job

  Do you want to stop smoking before you start a new job? If so I think I can help. Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker. I stopped smoking about 15 years ago. If you are in a position like many of us have been at different times, when your employment changes, you might very well find that cigarette smoking may not be allowed. I believe that these days, it is a little more common for younger people to change employers than it might have been in my era with other baby boomers we tended to stay in jobs longer. There’s nothing wrong with changing jobs, as I know people move to different employers for many reasons. They move to different physical locations, they change for better pay, they change for better, working conditions and for many other reasons, but if you are a smoker, you know that taking “smoke breaks” may not be acceptable to your new bosses, or even coworkers. If you are a smoker, it kind of comes with a certain amount of baggage when you change jobs. You may have had a ...