Skip to main content

How To Stop Smoking Before Going on Vacation

 If you want to learn how to stop smoking before going on vacation, I think I can help!


My name is Bill and I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago and I remember that going on vacation, which should generally be a very happy time, with anticipated fun, can be very different for smokers.


How To Stop Smoking Before Going on Vacation


Vacations are a period in most people's lives when families get together and do things, or when people go with friends, and everyone experiences different places and activities. Most people anticipate vacations in advance because of the opportunity to enjoy new life experiences and make new memories.


However, for cigarette smokers who have not quit smoking, vacation planning begins with anxiety. Smokers plan their days around having the ability to smoke, usually involving familiar places where smoking is allowed throughout their day.


Vacations involve being in new places and being involved in new experiences, and this means that when and where to smoke is now questionable during the vacation period. I vividly remember this vacation anxiety before I quit smoking. It was miserable.


A vacation generally involves transportation, which might be a car trip or a bus. Maybe you’ll be on a plane or a train. Perhaps you will be out on a boat or out on a cruise. Travelling takes on many forms, but all of these greatly limit your places to smoke.


When you get to your destination, do they allow smoking? If not inside the building, are there designated outdoor areas, or is smoking completely banned at your resort? What will you do then? Walk off resort property every time to feel the need to smoke?

If your vacation involves recreational opportunities, such as at a theme park, will smoking be allowed?


What about a baseball game? Where do you go to smoke between innings? 


When you visit relatives that are non-smokers, how do they feel about you being a cigarette smoker?


All of this creates smokers’ anxiety. It’s a real thing even if you never thought about it. It is something I felt, and all smokers feel, and it can actually ruin a vacation!


We all know that you can't just easily smoke these days in public transportation. You can't smoke at all on planes. you can't smoke on trains. If you're carpooling for example, or you're going with your family and you have a six or eight-hour car trip, how are you going to smoke? Do you want to make them stop every little while so you can go out and have a cigarette?


On business trips, I'd say I had to go to the bathroom. I would get out and quickly puff on my way to the bathroom. I would go to the bathroom, then I'd come out I'd puff again on my way back to the vehicle. It just makes everything so much more stressful and so much more difficult than it needs to be.


When you get to your destination, wherever it might be, a hotel, an attraction, a theme park,


Now the next part of the plan comes into play, along with the smokers' anxiety. Where will I smoke when I need a cigarette in the morning? What about after meals? What about at night?


Do you wish you had learned how to stop smoking before this vacation yet?


Is there some obscure place that no one sees, that's behind a group of trees, somewhere away from everyone and everything, where you can walk to have a cigarette? What about if it starts to rain or snow?


Or maybe you have to go off the property and have to walk a half mile to get to an area where you could actually smoke. All these considerations go through your head if you're a smoker. Your family or friends will want to spend all day at the theme park, so you have to constantly think about where you can smoke your next cigarette.


If you can step back from all of this for a moment, consider the non-smokers with you and around you. It's not even on their radar screen. After eating, they are excited about getting to the next experience. They're excited about the pleasure, the fun, or the memories that will be made. They want to do things, they want to ride on things, and they want to experience things. 


Meanwhile, you're sitting there thinking “Where do I smoke?”


I greatly urge you to consider before you go on a vacation, to consider quitting smoking. It will make your life so much easier, and so much better, for you as well as for the people around you when you decide to stop smoking



When I quit about 15 years ago, I wrote down everything that I did to prepare to stop smoking, I wrote down how I felt, and I wrote down what worked. 


Now, 15 years later, as I get near retirement I've decided to put this all together as a program and make it available to help other people quit smoking. It will sell for less than the cost of one carton of cigarettes in many places around the country right now, so if you are interested and you'd like to learn a little bit more, click the link now.


You stand nothing to lose. I will tell you that I believe this program works. I literally bet my life on it!



I look forward to seeing you as a non-smoker!



Learn more NOW by clicking the link below or by visiting

 

www.ToStopSmoking.org


#to stop smoking #quitsmoking #nonsmoker




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stop Smoking Before Buying a New Car

  If you want to learn how to stop smoking cigarettes in a new car, I think I can help. Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago.  I remember what it was like the first time we bought a brand-new car. It was in the late 80s, and we got a brand new Plymouth. It was the first new car we ever owned. At that point, my wife and I had two children, and we needed to have one new vehicle that could get us around safely and dependably.  I remember what it was like as a smoker, and I didn't want to smoke in the new car. You probably know that one of the best things about having a new car, other than the fact that you have a new car, is that every time you open the door for probably that first year or so, you open the door and you get that smell of the new car. It just feels great and makes you feel good inside. They even make air fresheners that have a new car smell. No one wants to open the car door in the morning - and we've all done this as smoker...

How to Stop Smoking Before Starting a New Job

  Do you want to stop smoking before you start a new job? If so I think I can help. Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker. I stopped smoking about 15 years ago. If you are in a position like many of us have been at different times, when your employment changes, you might very well find that cigarette smoking may not be allowed. I believe that these days, it is a little more common for younger people to change employers than it might have been in my era with other baby boomers we tended to stay in jobs longer. There’s nothing wrong with changing jobs, as I know people move to different employers for many reasons. They move to different physical locations, they change for better pay, they change for better, working conditions and for many other reasons, but if you are a smoker, you know that taking “smoke breaks” may not be acceptable to your new bosses, or even coworkers. If you are a smoker, it kind of comes with a certain amount of baggage when you change jobs. You may have had a ...