Skip to main content

How to Stop Smoking Before Starting a New Job

 

How to Stop Smoking Before Starting a New Job



Do you want to stop smoking before you start a new job?

If so I think I can help.

Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker.

I stopped smoking about 15 years ago.

If you are in a position like many of us have been at different times, when your employment changes, you might very well find that cigarette smoking may not be allowed. I believe that these days, it is a little more common for younger people to change employers than it might have been in my era with other baby boomers we tended to stay in jobs longer.

There’s nothing wrong with changing jobs, as I know people move to different employers for many reasons. They move to different physical locations, they change for better pay, they change for better, working conditions and for many other reasons, but if you are a smoker, you know that taking “smoke breaks” may not be acceptable to your new bosses, or even coworkers.

If you are a smoker, it kind of comes with a certain amount of baggage when you change jobs. You may have had a comfort level with the ability to smoke in the job you currently have, of which a large part probably rested on their policies about smoking and their personal thoughts about smoking.

In some cases, even the health plans that were being offered had to be adjusted to offset smokers on staff, because I have heard that companies pay a higher rate for people who smoke for health insurance. So if you're changing jobs, you have to be concerned about these things.
I remember the last time I changed jobs, which was some time ago when I was a smoker. I was lucky enough to actually change jobs to train at a location where most of the people smoked and they had some designated smoking areas that I was able to use throughout the course of the day, so it wasn't that bad. However, in many cases. especially now because again it's been 15 years since I quit and almost 30 years since I last changed companies, people are often asked to smoke outside the facility in designated areas that are generally unprotected from the elements.

You may be out in the sun, or out in the wind. It may be pouring rain, or you might be in a snowstorm. You likely must be 50 or 100, or more feet away from the main entranceway to the building which is often determined by local laws, so when you go out to smoke in these areas I'm sure I don't have to tell you how you feel like an outcast.
Do you feel “What's wrong with me?” All the other employees are inside and warm right now, or dry, and I'm standing here with the snow coming, down and strong wind blowing on my back, plus I am freezing! Getting wet and puffing away is a way of life for smokers these days.
Do you feel “What's wrong with this picture?”

If you are a smoker that wants to stop smoking before starting a new job, and you don't want to present an image of you standing out in the rain with a cigarette while everyone else works, with a new employer or new co-workers or colleagues, then I think that that there are options that you may want to consider.


If you decide to continue smoking cigarettes after you begin a new career or place of employment, you will have to try to find out if smoking is allowed, or even tolerated. At your new facility, once you're working, you know the chances are that when you go to lunch, you're going to have to cut your lunch short to go out and have a cigarette before you go back to work. When you're on your breaks, if you want to talk to your co-workers and have a cup of coffee, you have a 15-minute timeframe that has to include time to run outside, light up your cigarette, get your fill of nicotine, then head back in without being late.

All these things drastically interfere with how your day goes and how you may feel about your co-workers and how they may feel about you. Your satisfaction with your new employer could be impacted by your access, or lack of access, to smoking.

About 15 years ago when I stopped smoking, one of the things that I may have done a little differently is that I wrote everything down as I prepared to quit, I documented everything when it got time to quit, and I wrote down what I had done and down how I felt. Then finally becoming a non-smoker, I documented that as well and saved that information




Now that I'm getting closer to retirement age, I've decided to put it all together in a program and make it available for others, if at this point in their lives they want to become ex-smokers.

It is fairly inexpensive, and it will cost you less than the price of
one carton of cigarettes in many areas of the country. I believe that it will help you to become an ex-smoker as it did for me.
The program worked in such a way that it was easy and painless, or as painless as it could be, and most of all I never looked back. That is now almost 15 years ago since I became a non-smoker.

If this sounds like it would be good for you too, and you want to quit smoking, and you want to know how to stop smoking before you start a new job, then consider clicking the link and learn more about this program.

I know this program works - I bet my life on it!

I look forward to seeing that you are a non-smoker!

Click Here To Learn More www.ToStopSmoking.Org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stop Smoking Before Going on Vacation

  If you want to learn how to stop smoking before going on vacation, I think I can help! My name is Bill and I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago and I remember that going on vacation, which should generally be a very happy time, with anticipated fun, can be very different for smokers. Vacations are a period in most people's lives when families get together and do things, or when people go with friends, and everyone experiences different places and activities. Most people anticipate vacations in advance because of the opportunity to enjoy new life experiences and make new memories. However, for cigarette smokers who have not quit smoking, vacation planning begins with anxiety. Smokers plan their days around having the ability to smoke, usually involving familiar places where smoking is allowed throughout their day. Vacations involve being in new places and being involved in new experiences, and this means that when and where to smoke is now questionable during th...

How To Stop Smoking Before Buying a New Car

  If you want to learn how to stop smoking cigarettes in a new car, I think I can help. Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago.  I remember what it was like the first time we bought a brand-new car. It was in the late 80s, and we got a brand new Plymouth. It was the first new car we ever owned. At that point, my wife and I had two children, and we needed to have one new vehicle that could get us around safely and dependably.  I remember what it was like as a smoker, and I didn't want to smoke in the new car. You probably know that one of the best things about having a new car, other than the fact that you have a new car, is that every time you open the door for probably that first year or so, you open the door and you get that smell of the new car. It just feels great and makes you feel good inside. They even make air fresheners that have a new car smell. No one wants to open the car door in the morning - and we've all done this as smoker...