Skip to main content

How To Stop Smoking The Right Way

 If you want to learn how to stop smoking the right way, I think I can help!


My name is Bill and  I've been an ex-smoker now for about 15 years. As I remember, I smoked quite a bit of time in my life and my smoking interfered with almost everything that I did. I remember everything from going on trips to Disney World where everybody else around me was happy, but all I wanted to know was where my next cigarette would be.


How To Stop Smoking The Right Way

There were car trips with co-workers who were non-smokers, to attend meetings but the non-smokers didn't really want to stop so I could smoke. We'd be driving along and it would get worse and worse, and I'd have to make up excuses and say “Please - I really have to go to the bathroom”. We would have to stop, and then of course, I'd puff on my way to the bathroom and puff them away back to the car. 


All this additional effort just to try to get that fix in.


There was a time when sitting at restaurants and smoking, while other people eat their meals, was common. Now granted, it's a lot less common for people to smoke in restaurants these days, but when I was younger almost every restaurant had at least an area for smokers and a non-smoking area, Believe me, even if you sat in the non-smoking area, the smoke went everywhere, so think about all the people enjoying their meals and me puffing away 20 feet away.


What must they have felt? 


I feel terrible about that, but when I couldn't smoke, that was even worse.


At restaurants, because I was sitting there, craving a cigarette, and all I wanted to do was run outside and smoke,  the quality of the meal and the money spent, the company I was with, or the time with family, was at least partially lost. It was all overshadowed by the want to smoke.



Smoking is what controlled me, and after all this time, I hope that in your life, you can see that if you're a smoker, you have enough reason behind you to stop smoking.


You need to realize that change would be good and that you can quit smoking. Smoking changes your entire life, and quitting smoking will change your entire life back to normal. Becoming an ex-smoker will change your life even more than you can believe. You will free up time, you will free up yourself, and you will be thought of as being better in the minds of many of those people that are in your life. This could include co-workers that you currently are smoking around, or that you're constantly outside puffing away while they're working, and it actually is building up resentment in your co-workers.


Deep down they question why should you be allowed to go out to smoke while they work. It's a valid point that can ruin workplace relationships.


If you’re going to a sporting event, where you can't smoke, and all you want to do is either stop and go puff while everybody else is waiting outside, or they are excited and waiting online to get in, and you have to hold them up. 


Then there are the children in your life. Your own kids or a relative’s. How do you feel when you're smoking around your children? Do you smoke in the car with them? I did, but I tried not to. I would open a window and try to only puff and exhale out the car window, but I’m sure plenty of smoke blew back.


Instead of feeling bad about smoking around your kids, if you choose to continue smoking, just don’t smoke by them. They didn’t make the choice to become smokers. You did. Own it!


Don't smoke in a closed room with others. Go outside and keep the smoke away from your children and the non-smokers in your life. That's just being a good parent and a responsible relative or friend, depending on the relationship.


Or learn to stop smoking.

If you want to stop smoking the right way, first of all, you need to know all the things that you don't like about smoking, and if you've got all that tucked in your head, and you feel how I felt about why it would be important to not be a smoker anymore, then I think you've got the first steps in place.




When I quit about 15 years ago, I wrote down everything that I did to prepare to stop smoking, I wrote down how I felt, and I wrote down what worked. 


Now, 15 years later, as I get near retirement I've decided to put this all together as a program and make it available to help other people quit smoking. It will sell for less than the cost of one carton of cigarettes in many places around the country right now, so if you are interested and you'd like to learn a little bit more, click the link now.


You stand nothing to lose. I will tell you that I believe this program works. I literally bet my life on it!



I look forward to seeing you as a non-smoker!



Learn more NOW by clicking the link below or by visiting

 

www.ToStopSmoking.org


#to stop smoking #quitsmoking #nonsmoker






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should You Stop Smoking Before Surgery? - Yes!

  Should I try to stop smoking before surgery? That's a decision that many people are faced. Let me say right from the beginning that I am not a medical professional. I am not giving medical advice. I'm not telling anyone what they should or should not do. I'm simply looking at a topic that a lot of people talk about, or have concerns about, and I’m simply discussing my opinions about that topic. I have said many times in my videos it's been 15 years since I stopped smoking cigarettes, and during that time, I did end up in the hospital with non-related health problems. I ended up having to spend a number of overnights in the hospital, and I know when I was it was a cigarette smoker, I was very concerned about how smokers have to handle hospital stays. I did not have any idea how I would handle it. What would I do if I ended up in a hospital where I cannot smoke? I assume that most hospitals do not allow cigarette smoking. Considering the oxygen lines, medications, and e

New Year’s Resolutions and Cigarette Smoking

  Let me give you my thoughts on deciding to quit smoking as a New Year’s Resolution. I'm sure many many, many people have come before you, and on New Year's Eve, they have sat down and said something like “That's it. I'm done. I'm going to quit smoking. I'm going to lose weight. I'm going to get a better job. I'm going to make more money. I'm going to change my life. I'm going to dress better.” Whatever it may be, that is a good time to make changes. Sometimes you need a focal point. Sometimes you need a reason. Sometimes you need that extra little push to just turn around and say “It's that time”. However, my concern is that you don't just impulsively decide to quit smoking. The choice to stop smoking cigarettes is a huge, life-changing decision, and a wonderful one. I'm just concerned that you don't just make that decision without commitment. Give this decision your best effort. Make sure that it is not just something you say,