Skip to main content

Learn To Stop Smoking - To Go To Movies

 Learn To Stop Smoking - To Go To Movies


If you want to learn to stop smoking to go to movies, I think I can help. My name is Bill and I’m an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago, but I remember going to movies when I was a smoker, and I remember all the challenges that it posed.


To set this up for younger people, when I was a young cigarette smoker, most movie theaters allowed smoking. It was kind of a common practice that movie theaters back then were larger, and they weren't the multiplexes that we have these days. Very typically, there'd be a balcony section, and a lower section and the balcony section would be the section for smokers.


Learn To Stop Smoking - To Go To Movies


Some theaters were only one level, so generally the back so the back 20 rows or so would be reserved for smokers. The rest of the theater was for non-smokers.


 Now I'm sure that if you were anywhere near that line, and you were a non-smoker, the smokers certainly won out in that battle of the smoke!


Considering the amount of smoke that was probably being puffed from the back, and the non-smokers in front trying to breathe clean air, it must have been a really poor experience. As a smoker, I guess that didn’t concern me. How rude!


The non-smokers may have been there with their children. The smokers may have too. There were no differences in smoking policies whether it was an adult movie or a kids' movie. Can you imagine?


Way back when people could smoke cigarettes in a movie theater, I never could figure out why there was really no provision as to what to do with your cigarette when you got done. Most people would just drop it on the floor and try to step it out. But remember, movie theaters are sloped down to allow people better vision of the screen.


So, I remember it happened to me quite often. I would drop it on the floor, and the burning cigarette would roll away before I could step on it! 


Movie smokers could only hope that it didn't end up somewhere where it shouldn’t, like against a person wearing sandals, or next to a discarded napkin! This practice could easily end up starting a fire.


The other thing that was crazy was that people would take the cigarettes and they would kind of push them out on the seat ahead of them. This would leave sparks dropping and black soot on the seat back, and then ultimately drop the cigarette butt on the floor, which could also begin the roll along the floor cycle! 


How many people likely had thrown a jacket on the back of the seat in front, and the hood came over where the cigarette was? How many cigarettes were accidentally pushed out into somebody's hair?


I was amazed there weren't more fires in those days!


Thankfully, those risky days are over. But as a smoker, what about your smoker’s anxiety in the movie?


So now you probably go to a movie and you sit there, and after 20 minutes, you begin feeling like a quick smoke. This is especially true if the movie isn’t holding your attention. Your mind likely starts thinking about smoking a cigarette.


One of the worst things that you probably can do is to eat during the movie. If I had popcorn, a candy bar, or something else, as soon as I ate it I'd have the after-eating smoke cravings. I tried to avoid eating in the movies. I avoided it like the plague because I didn't want that extra stress about smoking.


I bet for you it is almost impossible to sit through an hour hour and a half movie, or longer, without craving a cigarette. Your options are really limited because I don't think movie theaters look too kindly on you leaving a theater and going outside to smoke and then coming back in.



Not to mention that you pay good money to get into the movies. Why let your investment go up in smoke?

This smoker's anxiety in a movie theater kind of leaves a smoker in a very bad way. People enjoy the experience of going out to the movies. They go on dates. They go out with friends. There's a certain social aspect of going to a movie theater, that's not quite the same as watching at home. Even though you can see almost any movie on your tablet, or on your TV at home, you still don't get the same experiences of actually going to a theater.


In addition, it's loud and it's dark and it's big. You're paying partly for the experience, but that experience doesn't include the cigarettes, so it is just extra difficult for people who smoke to go to movies, and thoroughly enjoy them. 


Because you can't just turn it off and turn it on as you wish, and if you'd like to enjoy movies, and you like to get to go to more of them, and to go without the pain that's associated with it from smoking, then I would suggest quitting smoking!




When I quit about 15 years ago, I wrote down everything that I did to prepare to stop smoking, I wrote down how I felt, and I wrote down what worked. 


Now, 15 years later, as I get near retirement I've decided to put this all together as a program and make it available to help other people quit smoking. It will sell for less than the cost of one carton of cigarettes in many places around the country right now, so if you are interested and you'd like to learn a little bit more, click the link now.


You stand nothing to lose. I will tell you that I believe this program works. I literally bet my life on it!



I look forward to seeing you as a non-smoker!



Learn more NOW by clicking the link below or by visiting

 

www.ToStopSmoking.org


#to stop smoking #quitsmoking #nonsmoker


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stop Smoking Before Going on Vacation

  If you want to learn how to stop smoking before going on vacation, I think I can help! My name is Bill and I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago and I remember that going on vacation, which should generally be a very happy time, with anticipated fun, can be very different for smokers. Vacations are a period in most people's lives when families get together and do things, or when people go with friends, and everyone experiences different places and activities. Most people anticipate vacations in advance because of the opportunity to enjoy new life experiences and make new memories. However, for cigarette smokers who have not quit smoking, vacation planning begins with anxiety. Smokers plan their days around having the ability to smoke, usually involving familiar places where smoking is allowed throughout their day. Vacations involve being in new places and being involved in new experiences, and this means that when and where to smoke is now questionable during th...

How To Stop Smoking Before Buying a New Car

  If you want to learn how to stop smoking cigarettes in a new car, I think I can help. Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago.  I remember what it was like the first time we bought a brand-new car. It was in the late 80s, and we got a brand new Plymouth. It was the first new car we ever owned. At that point, my wife and I had two children, and we needed to have one new vehicle that could get us around safely and dependably.  I remember what it was like as a smoker, and I didn't want to smoke in the new car. You probably know that one of the best things about having a new car, other than the fact that you have a new car, is that every time you open the door for probably that first year or so, you open the door and you get that smell of the new car. It just feels great and makes you feel good inside. They even make air fresheners that have a new car smell. No one wants to open the car door in the morning - and we've all done this as smoker...

How to Stop Smoking Before Starting a New Job

  Do you want to stop smoking before you start a new job? If so I think I can help. Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker. I stopped smoking about 15 years ago. If you are in a position like many of us have been at different times, when your employment changes, you might very well find that cigarette smoking may not be allowed. I believe that these days, it is a little more common for younger people to change employers than it might have been in my era with other baby boomers we tended to stay in jobs longer. There’s nothing wrong with changing jobs, as I know people move to different employers for many reasons. They move to different physical locations, they change for better pay, they change for better, working conditions and for many other reasons, but if you are a smoker, you know that taking “smoke breaks” may not be acceptable to your new bosses, or even coworkers. If you are a smoker, it kind of comes with a certain amount of baggage when you change jobs. You may have had a ...