Skip to main content

What are the Side Effects When You Stop Smoking?


When you prepare to quit smoking cigarettes, it is normal to want to know what are the side effects when you stop smoking will be.

Side effects are kind of a collection of things that your body and your mind especially, are going through when you stop smoking, because of the nicotine.

Chances are that your body has grown dependent on nicotine for many different purposes - to relax, to focus, to get ready, to calm down, etc.



shows a cigarette burning and addresses What are the Side Effects When You Stop Smoking?


It’s not that you need it to live, and not that it lasts a long time in your system when you stop smoking. However, there will be some period of adjustment time, when you will have to deal with some withdrawal symptoms.

There's also a mental addiction which I always talk about. The fact that you just mentally believe that you need a cigarette. This is a whole lot easier to control than it is to actually control a chemical addiction, such as nicotine.

But the mental addiction can last longer. Nicotine is generally out of your system in a day or so, but old habits - such as those associated with smoking - can take longer to break.

So to review some of the side effects that you may have to deal with, I will actually take the side effects right off the websites from cancer.gov and the CDC Government website. This is too important to go by one person’s opinions.

The first thing they talk about with side effects is Nicotine Cravings.

Obviously, nicotine has probably helped you through many situations as it did for me because when a smoker is under pressure, they feel anxious. The nicotine made me feel that it was the best way to help me relax.

Again, experts say Nicotine Cravings generally go away in about a day for most people about 24 hours.

In addition, another troublesome side effect is a feeling of anger, frustration, and irritability.

If you don't feel like yourself, it’s because you're not being calmed by that nicotine anymore. You have to deal with things for yourself now without nicotine to help “cushion the blow”. You really have to feel, what you feel.

You may have to take a look at your emotions and think through things, as opposed to just depending on the cigarettes to help steady you and plow you or push you through things that some people find troublesome.

I am not a healthcare professional and this is not professional advice. If you have any questions or concerns about this change, or about quitting smoking, then please consult a healthcare professional.

As a smoker, I smoked cigarettes to relax, as well as if I had to work out a problem, I might pick up a cup of coffee, take a sip, and then light up a cigarette.

As a non-smoker, you can do everything the same but skip the cigarette. Try to make your first 24 hours without smoking as stress-free as possible - it will help reduce some of the urges. Even sleeping more during that time will help get the nicotine out of your system without adding stress to your first day.

Without nicotine, you might have some difficulty concentrating, and some people may find a bout of insomnia. Difficulty sleeping can happen because that nicotine had helped with the calming of your system, and now your body is looking for it and It’s not there.

Quitting smoking can go hand in hand with irritability too, along with some restlessness. It may just be uncomfortable, and you may want to get up and move around. If you can't seem to get comfortable watching a show, and or you're thinking of cigarettes, it can also make you anxious. Just be prepared.

It just kind of makes sense to me that the anxiousness is probably partly caused by the chemical addiction from nicotine, and the part is likely caused by that mindset - that mental addiction - that you want to have a cigarette. You think you need a cigarette.

Let me tell you that you don't need that cigarette!

Then there is hunger or increased appetite. It’s not unusual for a person to just start to eat more. This is something I myself have difficulty with, and there's no doubt in my mind I gained weight over the years after I quit smoking. It is one of my demons, and I actually hope to address it in the upcoming year.

I'm kind of making a New Year's resolution to lose weight. But I would never go back to smoking cigarettes!






Now, 15 years later, as I get near retirement I've decided to put this all together as a program and make it available to help other people quit smoking. It will sell for less than the cost of one carton of cigarettes in many places around the country right now, so if you are interested and you'd like to learn a little bit more, click the link now.


You stand nothing to lose. I will tell you that I believe this program works.

I literally bet my life on it!


I look forward to seeing you as a non-smoker


Learn more NOW by clicking the link below or by visiting




#to stop smoking #quitsmoking #nonsmoker

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Stop Smoking Before Starting a New Job

  Do you want to stop smoking before you start a new job? If so I think I can help. Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker. I stopped smoking about 15 years ago. If you are in a position like many of us have been at different times, when your employment changes, you might very well find that cigarette smoking may not be allowed. I believe that these days, it is a little more common for younger people to change employers than it might have been in my era with other baby boomers we tended to stay in jobs longer. There’s nothing wrong with changing jobs, as I know people move to different employers for many reasons. They move to different physical locations, they change for better pay, they change for better, working conditions and for many other reasons, but if you are a smoker, you know that taking “smoke breaks” may not be acceptable to your new bosses, or even coworkers. If you are a smoker, it kind of comes with a certain amount of baggage when you change jobs. You may have had a ...

How To Stop Smoking Before Going on Vacation

  If you want to learn how to stop smoking before going on vacation, I think I can help! My name is Bill and I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago and I remember that going on vacation, which should generally be a very happy time, with anticipated fun, can be very different for smokers. Vacations are a period in most people's lives when families get together and do things, or when people go with friends, and everyone experiences different places and activities. Most people anticipate vacations in advance because of the opportunity to enjoy new life experiences and make new memories. However, for cigarette smokers who have not quit smoking, vacation planning begins with anxiety. Smokers plan their days around having the ability to smoke, usually involving familiar places where smoking is allowed throughout their day. Vacations involve being in new places and being involved in new experiences, and this means that when and where to smoke is now questionable during th...

How To Stop Smoking Before Buying a New Car

  If you want to learn how to stop smoking cigarettes in a new car, I think I can help. Hi, my name is Bill. I'm an ex-smoker. I quit smoking about 15 years ago.  I remember what it was like the first time we bought a brand-new car. It was in the late 80s, and we got a brand new Plymouth. It was the first new car we ever owned. At that point, my wife and I had two children, and we needed to have one new vehicle that could get us around safely and dependably.  I remember what it was like as a smoker, and I didn't want to smoke in the new car. You probably know that one of the best things about having a new car, other than the fact that you have a new car, is that every time you open the door for probably that first year or so, you open the door and you get that smell of the new car. It just feels great and makes you feel good inside. They even make air fresheners that have a new car smell. No one wants to open the car door in the morning - and we've all done this as smoker...